Current editions of the leftist publication In These Times (ITT) do not acknowledge its roots in the Marxist Institute for Policy Studies (IPS). As the excerpt from early masthead above reflects, ITT was a publication of the IPS, and billed itself as "The Independent Socialist Newspaper".
Early assocate editors were:
Early sponsors were:
- John JUDIS - currently senior editor of The New Republic and contributor to IPS affiliated Mother Jones.
- David MOBERG - senior Editor - ITT and frequent writer for Chicago Tribune.
Watch this page for links to Bioleft profiles on some of the above, and more on the "work" of ITT!
- Julian BOND
- Noam CHOMSKY
- Barry COMMONER
- Barbara EHRENREICH- IPS fellow, co-chair Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) & Time magazine writer.
- Daniel ELLSBERG - Pentagon Papers fame
- Michael HARRINGTON - Founder of Democratic Socialists of America (DSA)
- Staughton LIND
- Jeremy RIFKIN
- Derek SHEARER - 60's Students for a Democratic Society (SDS), and CLINTON-appointed Ambassador to Finland!!
Denotes coming profiles!